Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Serendipity . . . .

. . . that is how I would describe today.

The original plan was that we would visit Old Tuscon today.  We were up early, and as I wrote my friend Connie at 7:30 this morning . . . We are up and at it . . well Lynn is up and at it and I am just up.  In the blink of an eyelid, plans changed . .. both figuratively and literally.  I closed my eyes while Lynn was having breakfast .  . . . and awakened at 11:30 a.m. . . .  guess I was only up . . and then not for long.  Tuscon was obviously not meant to be.

Soooo, we then just relaxed and went to visit Suzi and Bruce as originally planned.  Suzi and I met earlier this year, as the result of a common friendship we both have with Connie.  We bonded instantly and it was like we have known each other forever.  She hails from South Africa and is just delightful . . .. tonight our husbands got to meet each other . . . we went for 5:00 p.m. and left at 10:00 p.m. . . .. so, needless to say it was a wonderful visit. 

Arizona beauty . . the view from their outdoor living room

Their view is breathtaking . . . at night you can see the lights of Phoenix and they are situated such that they can watch the sunset every evening.  I never thought a desert could be beautiful, however, it truly is.

Sitting outside, just waiting to serve up a delightful beverage

 Of course I had to take a photo of this lovely grouping . . I LOVE lime green . . and with the setting sun shining through the glass and the water in the background . . . it was . . . well . . .serendipity.

A few appetizers . .. such delightful presentation

 We savoured the most delicious appetizers and Suzi packed us up some leftovers for a picnic lunch for when we go to Sedona tomorrow.  As Rachel Ray would say, how good is that??!!!!

The sun was starting to set and Lynn grabbed the little camera, laid himself right on the ground and took this photo. It was amazing to watch the colours of the pool change.  What a tranquil and peaceful setting.



 As if we needed any more to eat, Suzi offered up some chocolates.  I just loved the presentation. 


There is a song that contains the line was "memories are made of moments like this."  

How true, so very true . . . the one thing I have taken away from this journey is that in the end, it is all about the memories created by and with special people in your life.

There are many special people in our lives . . . we are so richly blessed.


1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness I"m reading this on Thanksgiving morning... since now I'm HUNGRY from looking at the pics....

    ReplyDelete