Sunday, November 6, 2011

6,000 miles (or so) and still driving . . .

The border
Tonight we arrived in Little Rock, Arkansas . . .and we estimate we have traveled 6,000 miles since the middle of September . . .that's a lot of highway. 

We entered Arkansas at the middle of the bridge over the Mississippi River.  Don't normally take photos from a moving vehicle, but my sister does and she says that it is  worth a try as some turn out . . so this one is for the record.  


Detail





Not that I am determined or anything, but this morning before we left Nashville, I had to go back to the Parthenon . . I may never get to see the real one, so this became a high priority for me.  Of course the ugly tenting was still up which for me is a complete eyesore .. however I did try to work around it.  People use the park a lot and engagement photos were being taken as we were there, so I am lucky to get photos without hordes of peoples in them, and that was at 9:00 a.m. on a Sunday.


Column Detail



After all this we headed to Little Rock and ended up driving through Memphis.  We were going to stop in at Graceland but Lynn figured they wanted too much for parking etc., when all we wanted to do was take a photo of the exterior and the grounds, so that was a no go.


Sooo, a little over half way through this journey and a whole lot of confined vehicle time and a whole lot more photos, just thought I would let y'all know that we are doing well.  

The only irritant has been Mrs. Garmin . . . I think she might have to go . . . Lynn told me today, that when she was talking, I was not to . . . and then he will still argue with both of us . . . sooooo, I just wait for the "recalculating" message and give him the look . . . "I told you so!!!"


Such are the tales of a road trip . . . it has been truly wonderful to share these memories with my husband of 42 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment