Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Asheville, North Carolina

Upside Down . .
. . . the home of the Biltmore Estate which from all my years of watching America's Greatest Castles on History TV has been on my bucket list for a looooong time.  Wouldn't ya know it, I am sicker than a dawg.  Spent most of the day in bed trying to get up enough energy to go pay a visit, and decided it just wasn't going to happen.  Hopefully tomorrow.  My lungs are my weakest link, so here we go again . . this just happens way too often for my liking and at the most inconvenient times.  We did go out for a bit of a drive just so that I could get some fresh air and take a few photos . . literally a few, but I am back in bed hoping to go to the Estate tomorrow.  This is one of the photos I took today . . I am going to name it Upside Down as that is what it looks like, but the gorgeous sky is actually a reflection . . the trees were so dark in colour that I couldn't get a properly exposed photo any other way.



We have seen many vistas like this . . .just loving the gorgeous colours of autumn.   The greenery appears to be some sort of ivy and seems to grow from the ground up and attach itself to the existing trees.  The carpet of fallen leaves is so pretty and when you walk in it it is about 6 inches deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment